Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Acting Like Adults

| Right | August 20, 2014

(I’m working at a popular adult store. It is five minutes before closing. Two girls come in, and they appear to have been drinking.)

Customer #1: “Are you still open?”

Me: “Well, we close in about five minutes, but I’d be happy to help you find what you’re looking for.”

Customer #2: “Oh-em-gee. I want my first vibrator!”

Me: “Okay. Well, we have a lot of good choices.”

(I try to show her the products. She proceeds to grab them out of my hands and hit her friend with them. Even though I’m not embarrassed by the products, I find this behavior pretty inappropriate. She is clearly not listening to anything I’m saying.)

Me: “You know what? It’s getting late, and I really think that you’ll want more time to make your decision. This is the hours we are open, and in fact, I will be here opening in the morning. You will have a lot more time to decide then.”

Customer #1: “Let’s just go. It’s getting late.”

Customer #2: “No, I want a vibrator!”

Customer #1: *pulling her out of the store, to me* “I’m really sorry about this. Have a good night.”

Coworker: “Man, I know we’re not supposed to kick people out of the store and stay open, but thank you for getting them out of here!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!