Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not A Very Sunny Disposition

, , , , , | Working | November 6, 2019

(I am tidying up my department when I come across an expensive pair of sunglasses that someone has left behind. I pick them up to take to the counter.)

Me: *to my coworker* “Look at what I just found.”

Coworker: “Ooh, those look nice.”

Me: “Yes, if I can’t find the owner, I’d like to keep them myself.”

Coworker: “No, I’ll take them; give them to me.”

Me: “No, I don’t think so. Anyway, I found them.”

Coworker: “But I saw them first so I should have them.”

Me: “You saw them first, when?”

Coworker: “I was walking past [department] and saw them on the shelf.”

Me: “You didn’t pick them up?”

Coworker: “No, I was too busy, so they should be mine. I’ll take them now.”

Me: “Nope, they legally have to be kept for two weeks to give the owner a chance to claim them, so I’ll put them in the office.”

Coworker: “Oh, anyway, a customer was looking for glasses earlier; she asked if I had seen any.”

Me: “Okay, did you get her phone number?”

(It’s standard to take details in case we do find property.)

Coworker: “No.”

Me: “Well, if she comes back they will be in the office.”  

([Coworker] had a spoilt-brat, sulky look on her face for the rest of the day and pretty much ignored me. Three months later, I was tidying the office and came across the sunglasses which had been hidden by someone and forgotten about. I did end up with a lovely pair of sunnies.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!