Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not A Sound Argument

| Right | March 11, 2014

(I’m working on retail in the cinema. It’s quiet because all the films have started. A lady comes down from a screen.)

Me: “Hello. Can I help?”

Customer: “Yes. My daughter and I are watching a film in screen one, and the sound is AWFUL! You can hardly hear anything. It’s terrible! Can’t you get it fixed? I’ve had my hearing tested by professionals and I’ve got the hearing of a 14-year-old, so I know I’m not just imagining it. Get it fixed. It’s ruining our film. My daughter’s been looking forward to seeing it for ages, and it’s ruined!”

(When she finally leaves, I radio the technician to check it out. Afterwards, he comes to the counter.)

Technician: “You know the problem in screen one?”

Me: “Yeah, what exactly was the problem?”

Technician: “Nothing. There’s nothing wrong with it. I didn’t do anything to fix it, because it’s fine. She must be nuts.”

(After the film, the customer approaches me at the counter again.)

Customer: “Thank you SO much for getting that problem checked out. It was SO much better afterwards!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!