Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not A Push-Up Pushover

| Learning | August 31, 2016

(At the beginning of the year, one of my teachers would constantly call two kids by the other’s name. This happened so much that my class made a rule that if he made that mistake, he had to do push-ups. It would start out with one push-up, then double to two, then four, then eight, etc. By this point he’s gotten up to 128 push-ups, and has 43 left over, so he has a total of 171. Note that I have this class first period.)

Teacher: “I did 71 push-ups yesterday! After first period, I went straight down to the gym, went in the corner, and did 37 push-ups.”

Student #1: “I saw him do it.”

Student #2: “Yeah, me too.”

Teacher: “And then I went home and did 44 push-ups before bed.”

Student #3: “Those don’t count! You need to have done them in school!”

Classmates: “Yeah!”

Teacher: “Oh, come on! I’m not redoing 44 push-ups!”

Student #3: “But they don’t count! We don’t have proof you did them! You could be lying!”

Me: “We need verification from your wife!”

Classmates: “Yeah!”

(The next day, this happens.)

Teacher: “I don’t have verification yet!”

Classmates: “Why?!”

(He then goes on to tell us about having to pick up his wife, also a teacher, from her conferences because her car wouldn’t start, and then trying to replace the battery, but that not working, and having to stay at her school till 10:30 pm.)

Me: “Get that verification tonight!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!