Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not A Picture-Perfect Request

, , , | Right | May 9, 2021

I answer the phone and speak to a woman looking for a particular type of wreath we carry. I find the largest ones and tell her their sizes and prices, and she asks if she can pay for them over the phone. We don’t take payment over the phone, and I tell her so. We hang up.

A little while later, I answer the phone again.

Customer: “Did I talk to you about the wreaths?”

Me: “Yes, that was me.”

Customer: “Can you send me a picture of what they look like?”

Me: “I don’t believe I’m allowed to do that. I’m not allowed to have my cell phone on me on the sale floor.”

Customer: “How am I supposed to know what they look like?”

Me: “They’re probably on our website. You can try there.”

I apologize, and she sounds kind of grumpy but says she’ll check the website as we hang up.

Coworker: “What was that about?”

Me: “I spoke to that lady earlier about wreaths. She wanted me to send her a picture of them and I told her I couldn’t.”

Coworker: “Then we have a customer’s personal information, and they have ours. No.”

I get that you live some distance from the store and don’t want to drive here if we don’t have something, but if you want a picture of something, go on the store’s website. It should all be on there. Employees aren’t allowed to just send you pictures of things.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!