Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not A Photo Perfect Finish

, , , , | Right | September 20, 2018

(My coworker and I are behind our counter working on photo orders when a customer comes up to our registers. He’s looking at the mats on our counter which explain the prices of photos. I go over to help.)

Me: “Hi. Anything I can help you with?”

Customer: “Wow! You were quick! I was interested in getting my passport photo done.”

(I’m not sure what the price is, either, since I’m newer to this department, though not new to the store, so I’m searching the mats for the price. Unable to find it, I call my coworker over.)

Me: *to coworker* “Hey, do you know the price of passport photos?”

Coworker: “Hmm, I thought it was $6.00.” *searches the mat* “That’s weird; it’s not on here. They must have left it off when they gave us new ones. Let me scan a UPC… All right, it’s $8.”

Customer: “Did your wages increase when they raised the price? Haha!”

Coworker: “Uh… Not really. Were you interested in getting a passport photo done?”

Customer: “Yep!”

Coworker: “Okay.” *to me* “Let me show you how it’s done!”

(I’ve seen her do this once before, but we don’t get many orders for it, so she shows me the ropes and we print out his photo. Later, he comes back to pick it up.)

Customer: *looking at picture* “I see she chose the one that wasn’t smiling!” *laughs*

Me: “Oh, yeah… All passport photos have to have no facial expression, so it was the most neutral.”

(All of his photos except one had him smiling, despite my coworker asking him to not smile and to be neutral.)

Customer: “I didn’t know that! So, if I don’t like this photo, what do you do?”

Me: “Well, unfortunately, the policy is that we can only fix photos, not return them. So if there’s any issues with your print, we will redo them for you!”

Customer: “Okay! No problem!”

(He leaves. Then an hour later, I get a call from the customer service desk:)

Me: “Hello, electronics, what can I do for you?”

Coworker #2: “Hey! There’s a man here who got his passport photo taken and he wants to return it. I know we can’t; I just want to know what to do.”

Me: “Why does he want to return it?”

Coworker #2: *to customer… I can hear him in the background* “So what was wrong with the photo?”

Customer: “Yeah, I’m not wearing the right color shirt, my face looks weird, and my hair isn’t right.”

Me: *to coworker* “We can fix it for him; just let him know he can come in anytime to get it redone.”

Coworker #2: “Okay, no problem!”

(He ended up coming in the next day and tried to take both home with him, instead of giving me the bad one back.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!