Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not A Fan Of Your Payment Method

, , | Right | May 22, 2019

(We have a machine that allows you to load money into your library card for print credit. It accepts coins, notes, and credit card payments, and it’s very straightforward to use. Children use this machine without issue.)

Customer: “It didn’t register that I put any money in.”

(The screen shows $0.00 added.)

Me: “That’s odd. How much did you put in?”

Customer: “I’m not entirely sure, I just dumped all my silver in there.”

(I push the coin eject a few times and nothing happens.)

Customer: “No, not that coin slot, this one.”

(He indicates to the large cutouts on the side of the machine that allow for the fan to circulate air.)

Me: “You put the money in there?”

Customer: “Yes.”

Me: “That’s not a coin slot.”

Customer: “Well, it’s not like it says that it’s not; you can get them out.”

Me: “I’m… not entirely sure how to do that. Wait one minute.”

(I go to the branch manager’s office.)

Me: “Say, hypothetically speaking, if a customer decided to put all their coins down the cutouts at the side of the print station, you know, the ones meant for the fan… what would we do in that scenario?”

Manager: “Please tell me you’re f****** with me.”

(The customer ended up using our print card to photocopy, after a conversation with our manager regarding asking before doing when you aren’t sure. The coins are still sitting inside the machine; it was decided that as long as the machine still functions there’s no point getting someone out to retrieve them.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!