Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not A Brain Plus Member

, , , | Working | February 2, 2022

I have a membership to a bulk grocery store. Because I’m a Plus member, I can shop at 7:00 on Saturdays, whereas non-Plus members can come in at 8:00. I go up to the door at 7:15 but nothing happens. I check the hours in the window to make sure I am right. It says Plus members can shop at 7:00, so I knock lightly on the door. A young man in a yellow vest comes over and talks to me through the closed door.

Young Man: “We’re closed.”

I hold up my Plus card.

Me: “Hi, I have a Plus membership.”

He looks at the card and rolls his eyes.

Young Man: “We. Are. Closed.”

He turns away.

I stand there for a moment, looking at the hours in the window again, checking my watch, and looking around. I check the hours online to be absolutely sure everything lines up. I’m not wrong. I knock again, louder, and the same young man comes back with an older man in a dress shirt and pants.

The young man speaks louder than before, still through the door.

Young Man: “Ma’am! We are closed!”

I hold up my Plus card again and point to the hours.

The older man gives the young man a look and moves him away from the door. He unlocks the door and ushers me in. 

Older Man: “I’m sorry; he didn’t tell me you were a Plus member. You are correct. Please come in.”

Me: “Thank you.”

Young Man: “I didn’t know. She didn’t show me her card!”

Me: “I did. You looked right at it and turned away.”

The young man turns red and looks down. The older man points wordlessly back into the store. 

Older Man: “I’m sorry about this.”

Me: “Mistakes happen. I’m sure he’ll remember this for next time.”

Older Man: “I’m sure he will.”

I passed the young man as I left. He avoided eye contact.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!