Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

No Use Crying Over Unsliced Bread

, , , , | Right | CREDIT: bite-sizedvalkyrie | June 28, 2021

I am in the middle of changing departments and it’s my last day at the customer service desk. It is really busy as it is a Saturday.

Customer: *Quite nicely* “Could someone slice a loaf of bread for me?”

In our store, bakery staff don’t work past five o’clock and it is half seven, but since it is my last day and she isn’t a bad customer, I feel like being nice.

Me: “We don’t have anyone from that department in right now, but I can try to find someone trained.”

Unfortunately, I can’t find anyone.

Me: “I’m sorry, but there’s no one in the store who can help.”

She didn’t seem too upset. About five minutes later, the fire alarm went off. We had to evacuate the whole store and check that everyone was out of the building and so on. It turned out that this woman had purposely hit the fire alarm out of anger because we didn’t have the staff to slice her bread and she didn’t want to buy a pack of already-sliced bread.

She’s been sitting in the police station across the road for about thirty minutes.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!