Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

No Soup For You!

, , , | Right | November 13, 2020

I am serving a group of people, taking orders, forcing smiles under a crazy workload, when the kitchen yells out front to us:

Kitchen: “We’re out of soup!”

The girl right next to me has just taken an order for soup from a lady, and the kitchen is supposed to give us a three-bowl heads up before it is out. This lady has a friend who quickly jumps over to my order station.

Customer: “I was in line when that announcement was made; I’d like a bowl of soup.”

Me: “Ma’am, we are out of soup. I’m sorry.”

Customer: “No, you don’t understand. I was in line, and I wanted soup. I’m with this lady here. I want a bowl of soup.”

Me: “Ma’am, we are out of soup; we have no soup left. I’m sorry.”

Customer: “You aren’t hearing me, young lady. I was in line when that announcement was made!”

Me: “I am very sorry, but I cannot give you any soup. There is no soup, none.”

She glares at me for a prolonged amount of time before huffing.

Customer: “Fine, I won’t order anything.”

She waits for my answer like I am somehow going to magically pull out soup. Instead, I am just slightly relieved she’s leaving!

Me: “Okay, have a nice day.”

She steps out of the way and slowly begins to walk away while watching me like I am going to do something. Another customer steps up, but before they can speak, she quickly jumps in front of them.

Customer: “Fine. I’ll order something else.”

I don’t remember what she ordered, but it wasn’t soup.


This story is part of our Soup roundup!

Read the next Soup roundup story!

Read the Soup roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!