Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

No Room For Error On Their Part

, , , , , | Working | May 1, 2018

(I’m traveling with my parents and a friend for vacation. My mother and I arrive a day before my father and my friend fly in, so Mom and I share a room the first night and have two rooms booked the second night. Because of this, the two rooms are on separate reservations. We are assured by the desk worker that he has changed rooms around so that one of the rooms will be the same one we stayed in the night before. However, in the middle of the night, after my friend and I have gone to sleep and closed the security bar…)

Random Family: *banging on the door at midnight*

Me: *just woken up* “Um, this room is occupied!”

Random Family: *continues to try and open the door* “But we were told this was our room.”

Me: “I don’t know what to tell you. We are in here!”

(The next morning, our keys don’t work to get in after breakfast. My mother, who is a rewards member and booked the room, goes with me.)

Desk Agent: “How can I help you?”

Me: *explains the situation, hands over key*

Desk Agent: *accusing* “You are not supposed to be in that room. How did you get in?”

Me: *confused* “With the key?”

Mom: *now angry* “We were in that room the night before last, and the agent yesterday let us keep it. Now my daughter tells me another family tried to get in in the middle of the night. What is going on here?!”

Desk Agent: “You weren’t supposed to be in that room! Tell me how you got in!”

Me: “With they key! I certainly didn’t fly in through the balcony.”

Mom: “Manager, now!”

(It turned out a glitch in the computer system had reset the rooms overnight. An understandable issue, but implying that the customer broke into a room when you can see they have a reservation is a bit much. The manager fixed the issue, thankfully.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!