Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

No Returns And No Understanding

| Right | February 20, 2014

(I usually work the floor and I happen to overhear a conversation as I am near the refunds counter.)

Customer: “Hello. I’d like to return some clothes I’ve bought.”

Cashier: “Sure. Do you have the receipt?”

Customer: “Yep, I’ve got it right here.”

(The customer then puts on the counter a bag from a different store and pulls out a receipt from said store.)

Cashier: “Oh, sorry. I can’t return those. They weren’t bought from here.”

Customer: “But I have the receipt for them. If I have a receipt, I can return what I’ve bought.”

Cashier: “You can only return items to the store you purchased them from. These are from [Other Store], not here.”

Customer: “I don’t understand. I have a receipt. Why won’t you give me a refund?!”

Cashier: “Because they weren’t purchase from here.”

Customer: “But I have the receipt. I did buy them!”

Cashier: “You didn’t buy them from [Our Store Chain]. You bought them from [Other Store]. To get a refund you need to take it back to one of their stores.”

Customer: “But why? If I have a receipt I can return it anywhere.”

Cashier: “I can’t give you the refund because we never received the money . You didn’t buy the items from here, which therefore means we can’t resell the items, since we don’t stock them.”

Customer: “Yes, but [Other Store] is so far away. I don’t have time to go there. I have my receipt. Please give me my money back.”

Cashier: “We never received your money in the first place.”

Customer: “So I’m not getting a refund?”

Cashier: “Not from here I’m afraid.”

(The customer begins to walk away, mumbling.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!