Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

No Refunds On Condolences

, , , | Hopeless | February 15, 2017

(My cat suddenly passed away and I called to cancel the standing order for his prescription food. I explain what happened to the customer service lady and she was lovely and expressed her condolences. The call then took a very surprising twist.)

Customer Service: I see you last order was [a month-and-a-half ago]. I’ll go ahead and refund that order for you.”

Me: “Well, I only have one bag left and really, I’m not sure when I’ll feel up to sending it back.”

Customer Service: “Oh, no, ma’am! I am refunding the entire order. You can give the last bag to a shelter or the vet’s office. This is just our way of expressing how sorry we are that he passed and how hard this time is for you.”

Me: *shocked and sobbing* “That is so sweet of you! Thank you so much.”

(A few days later I received a handwritten condolence card from the same customer service rep. The most outstanding customer service I have ever received and am telling everyone to use this site for their pet needs.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!