Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

No Point Crying Over Cold Milk

, , , | Right | January 15, 2019

(I’m a cashier at a superstore, and it kills me when people hand me cold or frozen items they don’t want. I cannot leave, nor can I call anyone, so that food is definitely going to spoil. Unfortunately, I’m not allowed to ask the customers to return the items, either. This is why it always brings a smile when people run the items back themselves. It may hold up the line for a little, but that is worth not wasting food. The following happens to be a very unusual instance of customer consideration:)

Customer: “Oh! Just hang on a sec while I grab a soda!”

Me: “Sure!” *the powered cooler is a few feet away*

Customer: *starts laughing*

Me: “Ma’am?”

Customer: “It looks like someone didn’t want their milk.”

Me: *leaves the register for a moment to look* “Oh, my!”

(A container of milk was sitting amongst the sodas. After a bit of a laugh, the customer and I returned to my station and I finished checking them out. Thanks for preserving the milk, random customer!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!