Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

No Longer Power-Mad Over Those With Power

, | Right | February 5, 2015

(At the fast food place where I work we’re constantly getting customers complaining about the prices of our food, mostly when it’s only women working the counter. Though we tell them they can call the number provided to complain to our main branch, they never do. This day, however, corporate representatives, including the owner of the store, was at our restaurant for a routine inspection.)

Customer: “I can’t believe how high this stuff is! This is ridiculous!”

Manager: “I’m sorry, sir, but we have no control over the prices.”

Customer: “It’s still f***ed up! You need to lower the prices!”

Manager: “Sir, I have no control the price of the food. However, if you have a problem with it, you can go talk to the man in the tie right over there. He’s the one that sets the prices.”

(The man looks at the owner and turns back, red-faced. He takes his food and leaves the store, not even glancing back in the direction of the owner.)

Manager: “Yeah, that’s what I thought.”

(He’s never complained about the prices since.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!