Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

No Insight To Get The Right Site

| Right | May 13, 2013

(The company I work for has a competitor with a similar name.)

Me: “Welcome to [my company], this is [name].”

Caller: “Yeah, hi, I need you to cancel my automatic billing.”

Me: “Well, sir, for security reasons we don’t store your payment information, so we don’t do automatic billing. Are you sure the charge is from us? What does it say on your statement?”

Caller: “It says [competitor name].”

Me: “I see. I’m sorry, sir, but that is a different company. You have called [my company]. You will need to call [competitor] if you want to cancel your automatic billing.”

Caller: “But on the site it says to call this number for assistance!”

Me: “Yes, on our site, it does. But you are not a customer of our site. You need to go to [competitor]’s site to contact them, or I can give you their number.”

Caller: “Look, I just want to cancel my automatic billing!”

Me: “Yes, sir, I understand, but we are a completely separate company. [Competitor] is not associated with us in any way. You will need to call them if you need help.”

Caller: “Why won’t you help me? Just cancel my automatic billing!”

Me: “Sir, the only help I can offer you is to give you [competitor]’s phone number so you can call them. I can’t cancel your account with us, as you are not a customer.”

Caller: “I got the number off the site! It’s the number I called! Why won’t you help me?”

Me: “Sir, as I already explained, you are looking at the wrong site. You will need to visit [competitor]’s site, or I can give you their number. We are not associated with them at all.”

Caller: “Fine, I’ll just dispute the payment! I’ll get you shut down!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!