Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

No ID, No Idea, Part 10

| Right | January 11, 2013

(At the theater, we’re required to double-check the IDs of patrons attending rated R films if they look under 21. If a patron under 21 is not escorted by a guardian OVER 21, they cannot come in. A guest and her boyfriend approach the ticket-taking area.)

Me: *taking their tickets* “Can I see your IDs, please?”

(The guest hands me her ID, but I see that she’s only twenty.)

Guest’s Boyfriend: “I forgot mine.”

Me: “I’m very sorry, sir. Your girlfriend is under 21, so she doesn’t qualify to be your guardian, and I can’t let you in without an ID stating that you’re at least 17.”

Guest: “Baby, why didn’t you bring your ID?”

Guest’s Boyfriend: “It’s not my fault she’s being a b****!”

Me: “Excuse me? Sir, I’m going to have to ask you to leave.”

Guest’s Boyfriend: “Well, I’m not leaving.”

Me: *on the radio* “[Security guard], could you come to the front please?”

Security: “What’s going on?”

(As I explain the situation, as the guest simply stares at the guard. He’s a very large Hispanic man in a suit.)

Security: “Did you really call her that?”

Guest’s Boyfriend: “I, uh…”

Security: “Leave. Now, buddy.”

Guest’s Boyfriend: “Man!” *leaves*

(The guest goes back to the box office to demand a refund. Because he was technically kicked out for misconduct, it wasn’t required for us to give him a refund. My coworker in the box office comes out to speak to me.)

Coworker: “He’s asking for a refund, but I told him it would be up to you.”

(I look and see the guest staring irritably down at the box office counter.)

Me: “He can have his refund, but he can’t come back in tonight.”

(We never saw him again.)

 

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!