Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

No ID-ea Who Is Hiding Under There

| Right | March 25, 2013

(A coworker and I are working under our walk-up counter; we’re running cables for a new computer station. I overhear a customer talking to the tiny freshman girl working above us at the counter.)

Customer: “I’m here to pick up my laptop.”

Female Coworker: “Okay, it looks like it’s all paid up. I just need to see your ID.”

Customer: “What? Why?”

Female Coworker: “I just need to verify it’s your computer.”

Customer: “Well I don’t have my ID. Just give it to me.”

Female Coworker: “I’m sorry, sir, but we can’t—”

(There are the sounds of quick struggle. She steps back holding the laptop.)

Female Coworker: “Sir, you can’t take the laptop without ID! Now you need to leave or I will have to have you escorted out.”

(I pop up to see what’s going on. The customer looks at me and laughs.)

Customer: “Him? This little b**** is going to escort me out? I’d love to see that!”

Me: “She didn’t mean me…”

(My other co-worker, who was still under the desk, grabs the edge of the counter and hauls his 300lb. self up to his full imposing 6’6″ height.)

Me: “…she meant him.”

(The customer’s face goes pale.)

Customer: “Uh… um… so, I can just come back with my ID and pick that up, then?”

Giant Coworker: “Yes, sir. Feel free to ask for me if you have any more problems.”

Customer: “No! Er, I mean, no; I can’t imagine there’d be any more problems.”

(We now joke that we should keep our giant under the desk for all such issues.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!