Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Should Monitor The Situation More Closely

| Working | February 25, 2016

(I have been doing tech setup for a new temporary worker. She is very young and obviously very new to the workforce, and has been very demanding throughout the whole process, insisting on being given things we don’t normally give — such as desktop speakers for listening to music, which would disturb others in the open office. This is the tail end of a very long conversation.)

Temp: “If you won’t give me speakers, then at least give me earbuds so I can listen to music.”

Me: “We don’t have earbuds to give out, and you shouldn’t be listening to music on shift anyway.”

Temp: “I’ve always been able to listen to music before at my other jobs. How come I only have one monitor? I should have two monitors, at least.”

Me: “We don’t have enough monitors to give two to everyone; you can go on a waiting list, but there are several people before you, and nothing you’re doing in this role should require a second monitor.”

Temp: “Ugh! I’ve NEVER had to work in a job where I didn’t get two monitors before!”

Me: *with a wide smile* “Then you’re gaining valuable new work experiences already!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!