Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

No Escape From Stupid Moments, Part 2

| Right | December 4, 2013

(I work in a three-level retail store, on the bottom floor. Access to the connected mall is only on the second and third floors. It’s a pretty big place, and sometimes customers get confused as to where to go or how to leave. One day a customer comes running up to my cash, pushing next to a customer I’m ringing in.)

Customer: “Come on. I want to leave!”

Me: “Um…”

Customer: “I want to go! I want to leave!”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am. Did you need help with something?”

Customer: “I want to go. I’m in a hurry! I want to get out!”

(The customer is near screaming now, and she looks ready to snap.)

Me: “You want to leave the store?”

Customer: “Yes! How do I get out? I want to leave right now. I’m in a hurry!”

(I point at the two sets of large glass doors no more than twenty feet away, with the sun shining through them.)

Me: “Uh. The exit’s just right there, ma’am.”

Customer: “Where?!”

Me: “Right down there, ma’am. At the end of the aisle.”

(The customer runs down the aisle, looking as if someone is about to grab her and chain her to a fixture, and bursts out of the doors.)

Me: “…I guess when you’ve got to go, you’ve got to go.”

 

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!