Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

No Break In Your Happiness

, , , | Right | September 4, 2019

(I’m on break but have been roped into working in the smoke shop of a well-known grocery store.)

Customer: “I need two packs of Players Rich Regular.”

Me: “Okay, what colour is that one?”

Customer: “They usually have to go into the back to get it. It’s not on the shelf.”

Me: “Okay, but what colour is it so I can find it?”

(The customer mumbles something that I don’t catch while I grab the keys to the back. I search the labels for Rich, but all I see are Original, Smooth, and an unlabelled one that I assume must be Rich, of which I have five packs in the shop.)

Me: “I didn’t see any that said, ‘Rich,’ on the package but—”

Customer: “It doesn’t say, ‘Rich,’ on the label! It has blue and gray lines on it.”

Me: “Okay, then I do actually have some on the shelf here. Regular, right?”

Customer: “Yes! How long have you been working in the tobacco shop?”

Me: “I’m actually just doing a break in here right now.”

Customer: “Oh, is that why you’re so happy?”

(The customer asked for two other cigarette packs which were easily found, paid, and left with the receipt.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!