Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

No, And Also YIKES

, , , , | Romantic Working | July 11, 2022

I used to work with this guy who clearly had a crush on me. He would go out of his way to bring little presents to my desk or make trips across the office that were absolutely unnecessary except to pass by me. I was upfront with him and told him nothing would happen and that he should stop going out of his way for me. He agreed and reassured me that he wasn’t doing these things because of me; they just happened to involve me because he saw these things and knew I liked them.

Right. I almost believed him until he cornered me near the coffee at work one day. 

Guy: “Hey, I’m going on a trip to New York City next week. You wanna go along? We can see a musical or something.”

Me: “No, thanks. [Husband] can’t take off that soon, and neither can I.”

Guy: “No, I mean you and me.”

Me: “Uh… no. I’m not taking any solo trips with you.”

Guy: “Why? It could be fun!”

Me: “Because I’m married?”

I tried to step by him but he stepped in my way

Guy: “So? Just tell him you’re going on a work trip. It’s not a lie.”

Me: *Stunned* “It definitely is.”

Guy: “No, it’s not. It’s just not your work trip.”

Me: “I’m not going.”

I pushed past him.

Guy: “You’re missing out!”

Me: *Sarcastic tone* “How will I live?!”

I went to Human Resources and his manager about his behavior. The manager confirmed that [Guy] did not have a work trip to New York City. My guess is that he just wanted to take a little vacation with an uninterested, married woman and see where it went. I don’t know what HR said to him, but he was transferred to another branch shortly after my complaint.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!