Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Nice Customers Are Like Lightning Strikes

, , | Right | May 18, 2018

(We are in the bus bringing us to our plane when the sky suddenly turns dark and a thunderstorm appears out of nowhere. Forty-five minutes later, all flights are grounded, and I’m first in line waiting at the door to exit the aircraft. One of the young pilots opens the cockpit door, cautiously peeks out, mutters yet another apology, and apparently estimates his chances of survival in the mostly angry mob.)

Me: *feeling pity* “Thank you for not departing in these conditions! We are lucky to be in a part of the world where severe weather is actually considered for safety.”

Pilot: “I apologize…” *surprised* “Wait, what? You are not blaming me? Wow, this is a first. Thank you!”

Me: “Sure, there are idiots, but aren’t plenty of people thankful for not having their lives risked?”

(The flight attendant at the door emphatically shakes her head.)

Pilot: “You have no idea. For the next hour I’m going to be screamed at by at least 30 of the people behind you; the rest will threateningly glare at me, as if all this was my fault alone. Thank you so much for understanding. I’ll gladly remember your reaction.”

(Our subsequent trip was shortened by a day, and we lost our luggage for four days. Still, this was preferable to finding out whether we would have been struck by lightning.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!