Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Next Time, I’ll Order A Mind-Reading Machine

, , , , , | Working | September 29, 2022

I place an order on a large retailer’s website. The item is not as described, and I decide to return it to the store. I open the email with return instructions and the code the cashier needs to process everything.

Me: “Hello. I ordered this online and would like to return it. Here is the barcode for the return.”

Cashier: “Marketplace items need to be returned in a shippable box. That’s not boxed at all.”

Me: “Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t read that in the return instructions.”

I quickly glance through the email.

Me: “I didn’t even think about it since I thought you would need to see the item I’m returning.”

Cashier: “Well, it’s not in the instructions they send in the emails, but it needs to be in a box that I just have to put a label on.”

Me: “If it’s not in the directions, how was I supposed to know that?”

Cashier: *Raising their voice, practically yelling* “I don’t know! I keep sending suggestions to corporate to include it, but they don’t. I guess I’ll have to find another box since no one cares enough to bring items in boxes.”

Me: “Thanks.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!