Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Newfound Love In A Hopeless Place

, , | Hopeless | January 16, 2017

I’ve struggled with depression for a few years, and, for some reason, this Christmas period has been particularly hard. I’ve felt miserable and run ragged for about a month straight, and am spending my last day off before Christmas Day with my partner. As we are walking into the large supermarket near our flat, he points to a huge, black dog in front of us. It is a Newfoundland — my favourite breed in the world. The lady walking him lets me have a cuddle, and says that, when we come out of the shop, there will be more Newfoundlands waiting to take our shopping to the car in their carts!

I am so excited. We run around the shop, grab our stuff, and come out to find six beautiful dogs waiting for us, each with a little cart or a silly Christmas outfit. They are collecting money for an Alzheimer’s charity, so I give them as much money as I can, and get to hug all of them, as well as have my shopping taken to the car.

I can’t remember the last time I smiled that much. They really lifted my spirits, enough to get through the last week before Christmas.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!