Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

New Year, Old Problems

| Working | January 1, 2017

(I am 26 but look decidedly younger. It is New Year’s. A group of rather young girls is already in the store when I arrive and are wandering around giggling and grabbing bottles off the shelves with a much older looking man following. I grab what I want and head to the front. The girls make it to the register before me but leave it to the older man to buy the drinks.)

Cashier: “Are you purchasing these drinks for those girls out there?” *she points to the girls who are heading out into the parking lot*

Older Male: “No, ma’am. This is for me.” *he says it with a straight face with a arm full of flavored vodkas and mixers*

Cashier: “Fine, then…” *she begrudgingly checks him out*

Older Male: “Thank you, ma’am.” *he takes it all and leaves as the girls begin jumping and squealing loudly in the parking lot*

Cashier: *turning, seeing me, and immediately scowling* “So, where is the older guy who is supposed to ‘not’ be purchasing that for you?”

Me: “No one? I am purchasing this for me and my boyfriend.” *I place my purchases on the counter and pull out my ID*

Cashier: *sarcastically* “Oh, joy. Let’s see what fake ID I get to confiscate this time!”

Me: *handing over ID* “It’s a perfectly legal license. If you damage or confiscate it that is stealing and I will have to notify police.”

Cashier: *waving the scan gun* “As soon as I scan this it will prove it’s fake and I will be calling the cops on you!”

(By now several other patrons are shifting uncomfortably behind me.)

Me: “Go right ahead, then.”

(The cashier scans my ID with a smug smirk on her face, only to stare dumbfounded as it indicates that I am of age and to continue with the transaction.)

Cashier: “This has to be a fake!”

Me: “It obviously isn’t. I just turned 26 last week; I’ve been able to legally drink for 5 years now.”

(The cashier looks at my ID again and turns bright red before handing it back over and finishing the transaction.)

Me: “Thank you. I get accused of it all the time so you aren’t the first to make that mistake.”

(She glared at me as I left!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!