Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

New Ways To Sleep On The Job

| Right | January 23, 2015

(I am a small, twenty-year-old female working the closing shift at my store. A very large, unclean looking man is at my till about fifteen minutes before close. He’s been silent up until I’ve started ringing up the last items he has.)

Customer: “You get out soon?”

(I don’t find this question odd, as many people ask it just to make conversation.)

Me: “We close at eleven, so ,yeah. I get out just a little after that.”

Customer: “Do you want a job working for me?”

Me: “Uh… no. That’s okay. I already have a job here, and I don’t really have time for a second job. Thanks, though. Your total is [total].”

Customer: “Well, it’s only nights. You don’t have plans after work, do you? The job pays well.”

Me: “Actually, I do have plans. My boyfriend is picking me up after my shift.”

(The man grumbles something incoherent, pays with food stamps, then leaves. My manager comes over, to help close my register down.)

Manager: “What was that about?”

Me: “I’m not sure. I think he was trying to pay me to sleep with him.”

Manager: “You know, I was wondering if that’s what was happening.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!