Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

New And Improving

, | Working | November 13, 2013

(I have just recently started my job in fast food. The manager I was in training with has to take a leave of absence, leaving me with another manager, who is not very helpful. I am just learning the register, and said manager, instead of instructing me, keeps snatching things from my hands and doing it herself.)

Me: “Alright, ma’am, it will be a wait on your food. I will bring it out to you as soon as possible. Thank you for being so patient with us today and myself; it is only my fifth day.”

Customer: “Thank you; I’ll just take a seat in a booth.”

(I deliver her food and ask if everything is alright. She says yes and I return to making other orders, but keep noticing her staring at me. My worst fear is that I’ve gotten her order wrong, when she finally approaches me.)

Customer: “I’m so sorry to interrupt, but you said it was your fifth day?”

Me: “Yes, ma’am, it is.”

Customer: “I just wanted to say you’re doing so excellent! Keep your head up; you completely have this.”

(To that customer, thank you so much for those kind words, they got me through the rest of my less than easy shift and made my entire month!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!