Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Never Too Late To Ask For A Discount

| Right | June 28, 2015

(I work in a small sporting goods store where we allow customers to demo certain products before purchase. They sign a form agreeing to bring them back within a week or be subject to late fees. This customer slipped through the cracks and was 4 weeks late. I decided to call and give him one day to return our products before we charged him.)

Me: “Hello, sir! My name is [My Name]. I’m calling from [Company]. I’m calling about a couple of demos you have out from us.”

Customer: “Hmm? Oh, yes! I do have those!”

Me: “Yes, sir. You are actually four weeks late on returning them. I wanted to remind you that our store policy is to charge your card for late returns, but if you can get them back to me by the end of tomorrow, I won’t charge you for it.”

Customer: “Oh, ok. I was actually going to buy one of them.” *he proceeds to tell me which one* “How much does it cost?”

Me: “The price on that one is $189.00.”

Customer: “Oh, wow. And can I have a discount on that?”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!