Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Never To Old To Be Toothless

, , , | Related | October 4, 2017

(The movie “How To Train Your Dragon” has come out, and my sister is obsessed with Toothless, the dragon. She loves anything to do with the character, and I often pick her up any memorabilia I can find. One day, I find these awesome action figures of Toothless. I immediately grab them, and they end up being the only thing I’m buying. I get in line behind the dad and his young son, when the following occurs:)

Cashier: *finishes scanning their items, reaches over divider, and grabs the Toothless toy* “Do you want this is the bag or does he want to play with it?”

(I realize she is talking to the dad and his son.)

Dad: “Uh, that’s not mine.”

Me: “Sorry, that’s mine.”

(The cashier looks between us, confused. She apparently thought I was the boy’s mother, even though I’m only in my 20s and haven’t been standing close to them at all. I’m not bothered by it at all, but she starts apologizing profusely.)

Me: “It’s no big deal; it’s an honest mistake. Especially since these toys would’ve been perfect for that little boy.”

Cashier: “I know; I love How To Train Your Dragon! Are these for a little nephew?”

Me: “Yes. Yes they are.”

(I didn’t have the heart to tell her they were for my 22-year-old sister.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!