Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Networking Not Working

| Right | November 13, 2015

(I work in the electronics department of a store. Each of us there has some expertise in what we sell, but we aren’t required to be walking encyclopedias of the entire department. A woman and her husband walk up to me to ask a question.)

Woman: “Excuse me.”

Me: “Yes, how may I help you?”

Woman: “I’d like to buy a wifi router.”

Me: *gestures at aisle* “They’re right down that way, miss.”

(Woman remains where she is, glaring at me.)

Me: “Was there something else?”

Woman: “Aren’t you going to give me any suggestions or help me set it up?”

Me: *smiles sheepishly* “Well, I would, miss, but I don’t really know how to set up a wifi network.”

Woman: *getting irritated* “You’ve never set up a wifi network before?”

Me: “Nope.”

Woman: “And you’re working in electronics?”

Me: “Yup.”

Woman: “How can you not know how to set up a wifi network?”

Me: “Never done it before.”

Woman: *not bothering to conceal her irritation at this point* “So how can you work in the electronics department if you don’t even know how to set up a wifi network?”

Me: *shrugs* “I don’t know, but I also work over in fabrics. Would it surprise you to know that I can’t stitch a quilt?”

(The woman was speechless, and her husband doubled over laughing.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!