Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Netflix And Very, Very Not Chill

, , , , , | Right | December 11, 2020

A woman who appears to be in her fifties or sixties walks up to me at the box office.

Customer: “When are you guys getting [Movie]?”

Me: “Hmm, I haven’t heard of that one. Do you know when it’s coming out?”

Customer: “It was supposed to come out last week. But you guys didn’t get it.”

Me: “Ah. If it was supposed to come out last week and we didn’t get it then, we probably won’t be getting it. We’re a smaller theater, so we only tend to get the big blockbuster movies.”

The customer immediately becomes shocked and agitated.

Customer: “That’s… that’s not what I’m talking about! This is a big, famous movie! When are you guys getting [Movie]?!”

Me: “Well, as I said, if we didn’t get it opening weekend, we likely won’t be getting it.”

Customer: *Now flat-out shrieking* “THAT’S NOT WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT! WHEN ARE YOU GETTING [MOVIE]?!”

Me: *Thoroughly confused* “Ma’am, again… if we didn’t get it when it opened, we probably won’t be getting it at all.”

The customer — I’m not joking — gasps and clutches her chest. She then backs out of the front door, continuing to shriek.

Customer: “THAT’S NOT WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME?!”

She then quickly walked away, ranting and raving. Curious, I looked up the movie on my phone. It was some random made-for-Netflix movie that had been out on Netflix for two months already. I don’t know why she expected us to get it when it was never intended to be in theaters anyway.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!