Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Needs To Prescribe Some Patience

, , , | Right | June 8, 2020

I work at a large store in the health and beauty department. It is shortly after 6:00 pm and a young guy, a twenty-something, walks up to me with a medicine card. It clearly states that to purchase that particular medicine you need to redeem it at the pharmacy.

Customer: “Excuse me, how would I go about getting this?”

Me: “You would have to take it to the pharmacy which, unfortunately, is already closed for the evening.”

Customer: *Shocked* “You mean, you’re not going to get it for me?!”

Me: “I’m sorry. I’m not a pharmacist.”

Customer: “Can you call the store director?”

Me: “Okay.”

I call, even though I know it won’t do him any good. In the meantime, while I’m waiting for the manager to pick up, he starts grumbling about how this is a twenty-four-hour store, and therefore he should be able to get what he wants when he wants. I get through to the store director.

Me: “There isn’t a possible way for anyone to get something from the pharmacy for a customer once it’s closed, is there?”

Store Director: “No, I’m afraid not.”

Me: “Okay, thank you.” *Hangs up* “I’m sorry, but he said no.”

Customer: “That’s pathetic!” *Storms off*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!