Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Needs To Adopt The Ability To Listen!

| Related | February 27, 2017

(I worked in the crèche at a family camp during the summer. We had a strict “no photo” rule as part of our safeguarding policy. The day before the crèche opens, parents come to register their children.)

Me: “Hello, welcome to the crèche. Have you filled in the registration form?”

Mother: “Yes. It’s really important that nobody takes any photos of [Child], because he’s adopted.”

Me: “That’s fine; we never take photos in the crèche.”

Mother: “I don’t just mean that the photos can’t go online. Even for internal stuff, he can’t have his photo displayed.”

Me: “I understand. We won’t take any photos.”

Mother: “Even if he’s in the background, you’ve got to delete the photo. Can you make sure all of the staff know?”

Me: “Yes, nobody will take any photos. We never take photos in the crèche; it’s part of our safeguarding policy.”

Mother: “Because it’s really important that we keep [Child] safe.”

Me: “Yes, I understand. Now, does [Child] have any medical issues or allergies we need to be aware of?”

Mother: “He’s adopted.”

Me: “Yes…”

Mother: “So it’s really important that he’s not in any photos.”

Me: “If you go to the next desk, my colleague will give you an ID card so that only people you authorise can pick [Child] up.”

Mother: “It could be really dangerous if any photos of [Child] were published.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!