Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Needs To Invent Fly-Paper For Unwanted Customers

, , , , | Right | March 30, 2018

(I am working at the till near the end of the day. An older man with a stern expression comes to the counter, looks at the baked goods display, and shrugs dramatically.)

Me: “What can I get you?”

Customer: “Well, I was going to get a dozen donuts, but there’s a fly in your display.”

(I look and see that a fly is flying around the donuts.)

Me: “Oh, I’m so sorry about that. I’ll have the bakers remake that tray. Is there anything else I can get you?”

Customer: “You shouldn’t be letting flies into this place at all!”

Me: “I’m sorry again, sir. We try to keep the drive-thru windows closed when there aren’t any cars, and the doors are only open when customers walk in, but I guess one or two flies manage to sneak by every once in a while.”

Customer: “Your manager should be making sure flies don’t get in.”

(At this point one of my older coworkers is walking by behind me, and the customer starts yelling at her.)

Customer: “Hey! Are you the manager of this place? You’ve got to keep these g**d*** flies out of here!”

Me: “Sir, she’s not the manager. I can go get the manager for you, but I really don’t know what you expect her to do about it.”

Customer: “I’ve heard of a fly trap you can put in the doors that sucks them up as they come in.”

Me: “A fly sucker?”

Customer: *dead serious* “Yes. This restaurant should invest in one.”

(He shakes his head and wags his finger at me before turning and leaving.)

Coworker: “Let’s add it to the list of things that need to fixed around here.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!