Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Needs Glasses To See The Irony

| Right | December 20, 2013

(I work for a large chain opticians. One of our main competitors has a store three doors down.)

Customer: “I have an appointment. My name is [Name].”

Me: “Can I take your date of birth as well. I can’t seem to find your name on screen.”

Customer: “It’s [date]. I know I have an appointment in five minutes with Mr. [Name].”

Me: “We don’t have anyone here with that name and I can’t find you in our customer list. Are you sure the appointment isn’t with [Competitor]?”

Customer: “Just because I need the test doesn’t make me blind! I know where my appointment is and I have the card to prove it!”

(The customer throws his appointment card on the desk. It becomes immediately clear that he is supposed to be three doors down.)

Me: “I’m sorry, Mr [Name]. That is [Competitor]’s card. You need to go there.”

Customer: “Don’t give me that. I know where I am! Just because you’ve redecorated in the last week doesn’t mean you can pull the wool over my eyes.”

Me: “I assure you, sir. You are in [My Opticians’]. This happens all the time.”

Customer: “No! I want to speak to your manager! How dare you refuse to see me! I’ve been a customer of Mr [Name]’s for years and—”

(The customer looks closely at my uniform and the large logo on my shirt.)

Customer: “Why didn’t you tell me I was in the wrong place? I’m going to be late because of you!” *runs out*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!