Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Needs A Badge Of Instructions

, , , | Right | December 28, 2017

(I have just checked an employee into the facility.)

Me: “Okay, to go to your safety presentation, you will use your badge on the reader by those double doors at the end of the lobby, pull them open, and go to your right, into the auditorium.”

Employee: “So, I have badge access to those doors?”

Me: “Yes. I verified that when I checked you in.”

Employee: “Great! See you later!”

(He walks to the doors, then stops. He looks at them, then back at me as if to say, “What do I do?” For the record, these doors also have signs stating to use your badge to get through.)

Me: “Use your badge on the reader.” *I point to the reader*

Employee: *looks at the doors, then the reader, then tugs the doors*

Me: “Use your badge!”

Employee: *comes back to me* “I don’t think I have access. Could you let me through?”

Me: “Sir, you have access. Just badge the reader before you try to open the door.”

Employee: *goes back to the doors, and tries to pull them open — without using his badge first, and looks back at me*

Me: “Use your badge!”

Employee: *badges door, but doesn’t pull on them, and looks at me*

(I gave up, pressed the button to let him through, and motioned to him to pull the doors. He still took a minute to figure it out.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!