Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Needs An X-tra Ray

| Working | March 29, 2016

(We had a REALLY icy winter one year and as I went up the road I slipped on some black ice and went flying. I could not move at all so my mother had to call an ambulance. The paramedic said my hip looked injured so I was taken to the hospital for x-rays. I am amazed when I see a doctor after very little time.)

Doctor: “Well, your x-ray looks okay, so let’s stand you up and get you walking. It is probably just a bit stiff and bruised.”

(I am bemused as the x-ray technician had said he thought something looked cracked but I did as she said and found I CANNOT take a step without being in agony.)

Doctor: “You look fine. Just go home and rest.”

(With that they send me off. I cannot walk and have to be carried in and spend the night on the sofa in a lot of pain. The next day we receive a call.)

Senior Doctor: “I am so sorry but we need you to come back immediately. On reviewing your x-ray I’ve found you have snapped your hip and need surgery.”

(I was speechless! But I have to admit the stay was one of the best I had had!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!