Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Needs A Schedule With Surgical Precision

| Working | September 12, 2013

(It’s near the end of the school year, and I’m about to go on a three-week hiatus for surgery to replace torn ligaments in my knee. It’s the kind of surgery that keeps you down for a good while and unable to walk. I take an extra week off before surgery so I can spend time doing things I wouldn’t be able to do for a while and to get things in order before my surgery. My managers know this, as I told them when my last day was as soon as I found out when my surgery was scheduled.)

(Two months out:)

Manager: “When’s your last day?”

Me: “May 2nd, because my surgery’s May 9th.”

Manager: “Okay, cool.”

(One month out:)

Manager: “When’s your last day?”

Me: “My surgery’s May 9th, but my last day’s May 2nd.”

Manager: “Right. Gotcha.”

(Two weeks out:)

Manager: “When’s your last day?”

Me: “May 2nd. Surgery’s May 9th. I’ll write it down for you.”

Manager: “Alright, cool. Thanks!”

(The week of May 2nd arrives. I’m at home, and it’s May 3rd. I get a text from my other manager.)

Manager #2: “When’s your surgery?”

Me: “May 9th. Yesterday was my last day, but I’ll be there for the screening tonight.”

Manager #2: “Okay. Thanks.”

(Later that night, I am at the theater before the screening.)

Coworker: “Yeah, poor [Manager #2] spent the entire day fixing the schedule, because [Manager] completely screwed it up.”

Me: “Wow, really? How so?”

Coworker: “Well, first of all, he had you working this coming week.”

Me: “Seriously?!”

Coworker: “Yep. Scheduled you to work Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday.”

Me: “Wednesday’s the day of my surgery…”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!