Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Needs A Crash Course In Common Sense

| Right | November 25, 2013

(A customer is involved in a minor collision outside the restaurant, which blocks the narrow road. I go out to help and see that there is glass all over the road. I check to see if both parties are okay. While I talk to them, a car pulls up behind them.)

Me: “Sir, are you okay, are you hurt? Stay there while I call an ambulance.”

Driver #1: “I’m fine thanks, just a bit shaken up.”

Driver #2: “I’m not hurt either, but my windscreen is shattered and we’ll need to call the insurance company.”

(As Driver #2 goes to carry on speaking, the third driver in the car behind butts in.)

Driver #3: “Excuse me, are you guys going to just sit there all day? I have an appointment to get to and you’re not going to make me late!”

Me: “Sorry, but as you can see there has been an accident and I need to check if these people are hurt, and then we will need to move the cars and clear up the glass.”

Driver #3: “How dare you make me late. This is so inconsiderate of your restaurant to allow these people to crash on this road!”

Me: “Well you need to turn around and go the other way, because these people’s needs are much greater than yours right now. And what was the restaurant supposed to do, make them crash in the car park?”

Driver #3: “YES! This is completely ridiculous!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!