Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Needed To Get A Better Reading On The Situation

| Learning | May 15, 2017

(I am in kindergarten, and my class has just started learning to read. However, due to a disorder I have, I miss the day my teacher hands out picture books for the class to read. When I come in the next day, she forgets to give me a book and instead just gives me the math from the other day. As such, whenever the class is supposed to be reading, I take out my binder and just daydream. This is five months after she forgot about me, during a reading period. She is walking around to check and advise the other kids on their reading. She comes over to me.)

Teacher: “[My Name]! Why aren’t you reading?!”

Me: “I don’t have a book?”

Teacher: “Yes, you do! I gave every child in this room a book! Where is your backpack! Bring it over to me!”

(I get my backpack and bring it to her. She spends a full 10 minutes looking through my backpack over and over for the non-existent book. She finally stops.)

Teacher: “You must have left it at home. For now, you can read this one, but you better have it back tomorrow!”

(Panicking, I spend the rest of the night searching the house for a book, and eventually stop and go to bed. The next day…)

Teacher: “Did you find the book, [My Name]?”

Me: “No, Mrs. [Teacher]. It wasn’t there!”

Teacher: “Are you kidding me? What’s your parents’ phone number!”

(I gave her my mom’s number, who was at work. The teacher ended up calling her, and my mom was not pleased to have been panicked because she thought I was in danger. The teacher was forced to admit that she had forgotten about me, and gave me a book to read. 20 years later, I’m not illiterate and can speed read. No thanks to my teacher, though.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!