Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Need To Bottle Up Your Feelings For This Customer

, , , | Right | April 17, 2018

(I am a cashier. At our store, we have a recycling machine that you can put old bottles into. Then, you either press a green button with a dollar sign on it, which gives you a receipt with a barcode that can be exchanged for cash, or you can press the yellow button that says “WSPA” on it TWICE, which gives the money to charity and gives you a receipt with the total and the WSPA logo. An old lady comes into the store, shops for a lot of items, and after I’m done scanning them in, she gives me the WSPA receipt.)

Me: “Should I throw this out for you?”

Customer: “No, I want the money from the bottles.”

Me: “I’m sorry, but you donated the money to WSPA and I cannot give you your money.”

Customer: “Well, I don’t care; I want the money.”

(I call my manager. The old lady pays for her groceries, and afterward, she follows my manager over to the machine where she shows the old lady that she had pressed the wrong button twice. They come back afterward.)

Customer: *very irritated and angry* “I don’t care if I pressed wrong; you are ruining me for $0.90 (6 DKK). I want my money back for the things I have bought, AND I’M NEVER GOING TO SHOP HERE AGAIN!”

(So, with seven people in line, I had to return all her groceries for a total of $45 and watch her storm off afterward as a couple of other customers giggled.)


This story is part of our Recycling roundup!

Read the next Recycling roundup story!

Read the Recycling roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!