Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

My Lips Ain’t Baroque

| Learning | March 3, 2016

(My AP World History teacher is known for his sarcastic sense of humor and tendency to sometimes make fun of his students. At the time of this story, he is asking me and my classmates questions about a packet we read. The other AP World teacher comes in during this to ask him a question, but he decides to continuing asking questions. Note that the other teacher doesn’t know our names, and I am wearing blue lipstick on the day this happens.)

Teacher #1: “All right, so, what was the dominant art style of the French?”

(Several people, including me, raise their hands.)

Teacher #1: “All right, Ms. [Teacher #2], pick someone.”

Teacher #2: “Hmmmm…” *she scans the room until she sees me and points in my direction* “…blue-lips.”

Teacher #1: “What…?”

(He looks at me, notices my blue lipstick, and smiles.)

Teacher #1: “Are your lips deprived of oxygen?”

Me: *laughing* “No, it’s—”

Teacher #1: “Do you need mouth-to-mouth from a boy?”

(At this point, the whole class is laughing and I turn red.)

Me: “Okay, it’s LIPSTICK, and the answer is Baroque.”

Teacher #1: “And what’s the joke?”

Me: “If it ain’t Baroque, don’t fix it.”

Teacher #1: “Perfect.”

(Three days later, I (not wearing blue lipstick) ran into Ms. Teacher #2 in the hallway on the way to my first period. She said that it looked like my lips had cleared up!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!