Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

My First Refund!

, , , , , | Right | February 9, 2020

(I am the clueless customer here. I’ve just gotten my first “real” job and I need good-quality office clothes. I go to a fairly high-end store and buy almost $1,000.00 worth of outfits, which is a huge amount of money for me.)

Salesperson: *seeing my face as I’m paying* “Hey, just so you know, if these clothes go on sale in the next two weeks, we’ll refund you the difference.”

Me: “Really? Awesome!” *skips off happily with my new duds*

(The salesperson was very clear about the “in the next two weeks” part, but my brain somehow didn’t process that. I got it into my head that if what I’d bought went on sale at any time, even if it was months in the future, I’d still get money back. So, three months later, the store has a huge “end of season sale.”)

Me: *carrying in a massive armful of clothes and my receipt* “Hi! I’m here for my refund.”

Salesperson: “Um… refund?”

Me: “Yup!” *hands over receipt*

Salesperson: “This is from three months ago, ma’am.”

Me: “That’s right.”

Salesperson: *looks at clothes* “Is there anything wrong with them?”

Me: “No, I love them. I’ve been wearing everything constantly since I bought them in the spring.”

Salesperson: “Then I’m confused.”

(We finally got things straightened out, and I slunk out, very embarrassed, with all my stuff and no refund. Thankfully, she was very nice; she probably saw how young I was and realized that this was my first time buying anything really nice.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!