Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

My Faith In This Call Is Dropping

| Working | October 26, 2016

(I have lost Internet connection, so am calling into tech support, which I hate doing, having worked in tech support before. I understand there’s a script and a flow-path they have to take most of the time, but you also have to think before blindly following the script. I have the full cable package: TV, Internet, and phone. For some reason, only the Internet is affected, but the phone works just fine. After calling in and getting the basic account info out of the way, this happens:)

Me: “I have already rebooted my modem and router prior to calling in and I still have no Internet. Also, I am calling from the home phone because I have no cell coverage in my home.”

Tech Support: “Okay. I need you to remove the coax cable and power cable from the back of your modem.”

Me: “I’ll drop the call, then; I am using the home phone.”

Tech Support: “No. I see multiple boxes on your account.”

Me: “Yeah. One modem, one router, one TiVo, and one digital/analog converter. If I unplug my modem, I drop the call.”

Tech Support: “I see. I’m going to send a signal to your modem to reboot it. It will just take a minute to reboot, and then let me know what color the lights are when it’s done rebooting.”

Me: “No, you’ll—”

(And the call dropped…)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!