Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

My Boss Is A Nazi… Literally

| Working | October 3, 2016

(I work at a drive-in fast food joint as a cook. The store manager is relatively new. While working the prep station, I notice that someone has carved a large swastika into the cutting board.)

Me: “[Manager], I thought I’d bring this to your attention. It looks like someone has carved a swastika into the cutting board.”

Manager: *indignantly* “Okay… What do you expect me to do about it?”

Me: “Just a thought, maybe we could just have it flipped over, so that it isn’t visible.”

Manager: *dismissively smirks and returns to his paperwork*

(For a month, I take it upon myself to flip it over every time I work. Two days before the regional manager comes in, I noticed someone had carved multiple swastikas on BOTH sides of the cutting board.)

Me: “[Manager], I’m not sure if you had noticed, but someone has carved swastikas on both sides of the cutting board.”

Manager: “Well, I guess you’ll have to deal with seeing it.”

(The next day, I show the regional manager. Though I had the opportunity to throw the store manager under the bus, I choose not to let him know that I had told him about it.)

Regional Manager: *seeing the obviously intentional carvings* “Wow! Yeah, we’ll take care of that as soon as possible.”

(Two days later I come into work and notice a clean, new, cutting board. I also noticed that my hours are cut in half, and am assigned every crap closing duty on the days I work. Biting my tongue, I continue working, un-phased by the turn of events. One night, I pass by the store manager and another employee in their smoke break, while taking out crushed boxes.)

Manager: “[My Name], would you have gotten offended if you saw the word ‘n*****’ written in our bathroom wall?”

Me: “Yes.”

Manager: “Why? You’re not black.”

Me: “It doesn’t matter. It’s an offensive word. Not to mention customers also use that restroom, and it’s just all around unprofessional.”

Manager: “Well, you’re not Jewish, are ya?” *now referring to the swastika*

Me: “I have Jewish background.”

Manager: “Well, you’re not German, are ya?”

Me: “Yes… I have German background, too.”

(The next day, I submitted my two-week notice. In an ironic twist, I found out that he was fired two months later. Apparently, he and another employee, who he told us was his “brother,” were caught making out in his car, in front of the store, by the regional manager.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!