Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Music To My Fears

| Working | June 12, 2015

(We have a little stereo in our store and are allowed to play music as long as it’s not too loud. I take my iPod and plug it to the stereo via auxiliary cable, as I prefer various genres of rock but the only radio station that comes in plays country and pop. After about a month of doing this, my manager comments on it one night.)

Manager: *cringing* “Gosh, [My Name]! What on earth are you listening to?”

Me: “That’s Marilyn Manson. Next song is Poison.”

Manager: “Well, you need to turn it down and [Manager’s Boss] says that we have to keep it on a station like [Only Station that will tune in] because people might complain.”

Me: “Oh? I haven’t had anyone complain so far and even though it’s not that loud I always turn it down when someone comes in.”

Manager: “Yes, [Manager’s Boss] said so.”

Me: “Right. I’ll remember that.”

Manager: “Good.”

(What my manager doesn’t know is that her boss had come in on my shift before and commented on how nice it was to hear a change in music and that he liked the playlist on my iPod. We also discussed music and he said he’d like to get his hands on my iTunes.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!