Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Murder Is Apparently Only 80% Engaging

, , , , , | Learning | June 15, 2019

(I am at a teacher’s college in a Classroom Management course.)

Professor: “This is a list of the 40 most common ways students act out or can be disruptive in class. There is one technique you can use to prevent 80% of these. Can anyone guess what that is?”

(I’m seated in the front row, and this comment comes out louder than I intended.)

Me: “Murder.”

Professor: “What?! No! Not murder! Engagement! Engage a student’s attention and they’ll be too occupied to misbehave!”

(She continues the lesson for two more minutes or so before suddenly saying:)

Professor: “How does murder only solve 80% of that list, anyway? What about the other 20%?”

Question of the Week

What’s the kindest act you’ve ever experienced?

I have a story to share!