Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Much Ado About Nothing (Inside)

, , , , | Right | February 1, 2011

(Note: this takes place a week before Christmas in a store packed full of people. I am the only one operating the registers when the phone rings.)

Me: “Thank you for calling, how can I help you?”

Other Store: “I am sending a customer your way for a game. The system says you have one left.”

(Sure enough, a customer shows up for a very popular game. When I begin to ring her out, I explain that even though the plastic is removed, it is a brand new game.)

Customer: “That is not a brand new game!”

Me: “I assure you it is, madam. We must remove all discs from the cases if they are being displayed on the floor, and this is my last copy.”

Customer: “It has been opened! It’s been played! You’re lying to me!”

(At this point, she turns to the long line behind her and starts yelling at everyone in line.)

Customer: “Can you believe this?! This is ridiculous! This game is for a child! I can’t give an opened game to a child for Christmas!!”

(Without missing a beat, the entire line opens their game cases. All of them are empty.)

Customer: “None of you love your children!” *storms out*


This story is part of our Terrible Parents roundup!

Read the next Terrible Parents story!

Read the Terrible Parents roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!