Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Move Or Be Moved

, , , , , , , | Working | September 30, 2021

I’m about to pick my kids up from school. As I turn the handle on the door, someone presses the doorbell. I open the door and a guy with a clipboard is stood there.

Me: “Not a good time; I’m leaving the house.”

Guy: “It won’t take a moment.”

Me: “I don’t have a moment. I need to leave, now.”

Guy: “I’m sure you have a moment to hear about the great savings.”

Me: “Look. You move or I go through you.”

He looks me up and down and smirks.

Guy: “I don’t think that is going to happen.”

Me: “Don’t say I didn’t warn you.”

I go to step around him, but he actually pushes me back. I am not much to look at but I’m deceptively strong and have trained in martial arts for several years, so I at least have a bit of an idea of how to handle myself. I step on his instep, collapsing his knee, and let him fall into the nearby bush.

Me: “Like I said, move or be moved.”

The next day, someone claiming to be the guy’s manager came to my door. But I was able to show him the video of the guy pushing me first. And before I could finish my sentence, the manager apologised and muttered something about, “Not again.”

The company didn’t bother me afterward.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!